Saturday 19 August 2023

Some of the best scenes in movies. Any suggestion?

 Yesterday I was talking to Laura about some awasome scenes in movies and I thought about make a collection of some of them and update the post from time to time.

1. One day I was talking to Laura about a scene in the Woodsman. In this scene the main character is talking to a girl (he is a child molester). He, during the whole movie, is trying to avoid falling back to his crimes, and in this scene is about to do it , or not? that's the good point in this scene... you do not want him to do it again because you saw him struggeling and suffering and you feel a kind of empathy..

Park scene

2. Related to the previous one. Laura told me about a scene in a movie called Little Children in which you can see somedoby accused of molesting children in a pool and the people's reaction when he shows up and starts diving. It is quite shocking. 

 Pool scene 

3. During that moment (remembering most favourites scenes) Laura reminded me one of the most hilarious one I've ever seen. The movie is In and Out. In the scene Kevin Kline is trying to demostrate himself that he is a man. To do that he is listening to a recording and following instructions and .... ended in this really funny scene.

How to being a mainly man

 4. Changing completely the subject .. this one is also a classic. I was listening a podcast and they were talking about those expressions and sentences in movies that became famous and part of the history of cinema.By the way the movie is Sudden Impact and the scene is played by Dirty Harry

Go ahead, make my day 

5. Another funny one. This movie surprises me completely. Laura told me about it and we gave it a try. And maybe for me is one of the most funny and hilarious movie I've ever seen in my life. The actress Amy Schumer is also a stand up comedian and she is really good. There are some good scenes, but this one is my favourite.

Super gay threats 

6. This one it is not funny, it is not the best interpretation ever but the story behind it is quite odd. It is said that the Mafia reached an agreement with The Godfather producers to allow the movie to be made but under some conditions. One of them was not to say the word Mafia and another one was to use some real gansters as actors.The most famous one was Lenny Montana playing as Luca Brasi.

It is said that he was so nervous before facing the scene with Marlon Brandon (at the beginning of the film) that just before playing it he was practising the scene repeting the words he had to say. Coppola took advantage of this situation to show how intimidating was Vito Corleone to his men.

Luca Brasi and Don Corleone

 7. I like this movie. I like Kevin Spacey, and  I like Brad Pit a lot. This movie is a thriller full of very good moments, but this one is really the one. What's in the box? If you have not watched it yet, you are wasting your time.

What's in the box?

 8. Epic scene also in one of the most funniest movies ever. No matter when you watch it and no matter how many times you did, you will laugh for sure again and again. 

One important point to say. I watched this movie traslated into spanish. They did a very good job, because the movie is full of gags that many times gags related to the language. In fact in this scene the names of the resistance members are different in the original version than in the traslated version into Spanish (but as I said spanish version is still really good)

As a anecdote. This is the only movie in which I 've seen my father laughing like a child.

Resistance members 

9. This is not a scene in a movie, is a scene in a documentarie. It is not something planned in advanced to get a certain reaction. This is something that happened spontaneously but at the same time the best end possible.  Imagine a docushow of 6 episodies following the life of a man for dozens of years and hours of interviews and investigations when suddenly in the last moment an open microphone gives us the best moment in the docushow.

I killed them all of course



No comments:

Post a Comment